"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

Friday, March 9, 2012

MFW 1st Grade - Week #19

Howdy folks!  I'm still here....between illnesses and a wedding I'm a little behind again.  So, let me see if I can do a quick catchup post.

BIBLE/READING:  Our stories this week were that of the Moses parting the Red Sea, the Israelites coming upon Bitter Water at Marah, the Lord providing Manna to the Israelites,  and Moses providing the Israelites with Water from a Rock.

Memory verse: we added to to last weeks Proverb - - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

New Reading Rules:  O spelled "ow" and O spelled "oa"

MATH:  We are still running through some review and our topic is numbers and counting....we're sorta breezing through math this week....

Bean cup, money cup, and place value chart all ended this week with number 74.  I still don't really understand why they don't let us count our science day/nature walk days as a school day.  While Caleb is on #74, my teacher's manual has us ending on day #92 this week.

SCIENCE:  We're continuing in the Science with Water book and had a little fun with boats.  We also floated items in the bathroom sink and placed marbles inside those items to see if they would continue to float or sink.




Okay - the hairy arm in this photo is NOT mine.  Ha!  Randy was on intercession from his school and was able to participate in some of Caleb's school activities.  This was a real treat for us.



HANDS-ON:  In honor of the Israelites praising God after walking through the sea on dry ground we made a tambourine out of paper plates and beans.  When I asked Caleb if he would like to decorate his tambourine - his reply was, "no thanks," as you can see.



I'm sure there are some things I am forgetting that I really wanted to add, but I figure I'd better at least post what I can when I have a few minutes.

God is amazingly good.  Through it all, bronchitis, food poisoning, momma/teacher getting sick....we've still managed to get through school.  We missed a few days when things were at their worst, but we did our best to try to keep trucking forward.

I ordered our 2nd grade curriculum and it arrived last week via UPS.  I do still need to purchase our foreign language curriculum and I will do that soon.  It was really exciting to go through the box and look at all the COOL stuff we'll be doing "next year," which really starts some time this summer.  I took some pictures and will provide a run-down of our 2nd grade agenda at a later date.

I am so blessed....

Walking with the King,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment