"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wrap'n up Z and onto Letter R

Today we wrapped up the letter Z by reading all the Zoo storybooks we'd collected from the library.  "If I Ran the Zoo," by Dr. Seuss was quite crazy.  Afterward finishing the story our TM told us to have Caleb draw a picture of an animal he would put in the zoo if he were the one in charge.  Never expecting him to agree, I retrieved some paper and the crayons and asked him to draw a picture of an animal he would put in the zoo.  Surprising me, he took the paper and a crayon and turned his back on me.  I wasn't allowed to watch.  But hey, it's a start if he's at least willing to TRY to draw SOMETHING.   He named his critter, and much to Sissy's dismay - - told me it ate chimpanzee's for dinner, and came up with a fictional place where he located his critter from!   LOL   He does have an imagination and can use it when he wants to.

Onto letter R for Rock.  Maybe we WILL see the end of this alphabet some time soon!  He even colored the picture cards by himself today while I sat next to him and brought his binder up to date.

We read from Matthew 7:24-27 and Caleb learned that the wise man builds his house upon the rock while the foolish man builds his house upon the sand.  "We" sang the song as well.  I told him I could just read it because mommy didn't sing so well and he said, "yes you do mom.  you sing good."   Bless his pea-pick'n heart.  Didn't want to hurt my feelings by agreeing with me!   Back to the theme of the week:   "I listen and obey; I build my life on the Rock."

I explained that Jesus is like the rock and when we listen to His Word and obey Him, it is like we are building our house on the rock.  We need to build our life on Jesus, the Rock!!

We read story after story today.  Caleb loves to be read to.   He's reading a little bit by himself, but he gets embarrassed easily and won't read for dad.  I suppose as he comes out of his comfort zone he'll get better about that.

Another day at Silver Creek Academy comes to pleasant end!

In His Name,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment